Fall is my favorite time of year. I usually can smell it coming. Crisp air and certain stillness in the ar. September is pretty much here and the wheels have been churning as to how we’ll spend the slightly cooler days and we came up with a unique list of fun family activities for the fall otherwise known as my fall bucket list. And I’m sharing a great fall Bucket List of fall activities for families free printable!
Now this list is prefaced as my personal list of things to do in the fall with this little caveat: I live in Florida. So umm, there will be no apple picking, leaf pile jumps, or any of the other fun fall stuff to do where the season actually resembles autumn. Our maple trees turn from green to brown seemingly overnight and well, the palm trees are just green. My fall family bucket list will be more about things you CAN do in the autumn versus your traditional fall activities for children.
There are also things I want to do throughout the year that have nothing to do with fall, yet still unique bucket list ideas but they can also add up to creating family traditions you share year after year.
10 Fun Ideas to do in the Fall with Your Family
- Have a no-phone (or device) family night
- Host a Minute-to-Win It fall-themed family night
- Visit your local farmer’s market and host a family “Chopped” with your pickings
- Create a family memory keepsake box (and display it!)
- Host your own Family Paint with a Twist.
- Hold a family camping night in the backyard and roast smores and hot dogs
- Paint pumpkins together to match your fall décor. These glam pumpkins would be fun to try
- Take family fall portraits
- Visit an off-the-beaten-path museum
- Hold a ‘family sleepover’ with sleeping bags, flashlights and late-night stories in the living room.
6 Giving Back Ideas for your Family Fall Bucket List
- Donate to your local church or a favorite charity
- Serve lunch at a local soup kitchen
- Volunteer at a church Fall Festival
- Make toiletry and snack care packages for the homeless. Keep them in your car to distribute.
- Visit a nursing home to sit with someone in need of company.
- Sign up to adopt a road clean up or Habitat for Humanity Project.
6 Fall Bucket list for your home
- Update your living room with a few new throw pillows. Instead of smooth, bright and airy, think textured, warm and cozy. These Fall DIY Room Decor Ideas are a great start.
- Make minor adjustments to your décor pieces with fall colors. Don’t get stuck on just orange and rust. You can also think about dark blues (see my navy blue Thanksgiving Tablescape), jade, plum, and burgundy.
- Refresh your front door with a fall wreath (here are 11 beautiful fall wreath ideas to get you started. Don’t forget a doormat and mums.
- Bring in the scents of autumn with new candle or potpourri
- Change out your printable art signs
- Oh and my favorite tip for the end of every season: Buy clearance summer décor for next summer
5 Traditional Fall Bucket List Ideas
- Visit a U-Pick Me Farm to harvest fresh veggies
- Find a local Corn Maze Event and see who can finish fastest
- Make a homemade dessert with apples or pumpkins
- Make crockpot apple butter
- Make homemade candy apples
Now, I wouldn’t try to do ALL of these, but maybe sit down with your family and create a doable list together. Get started today by downloading this free printable list.
(If you already get emails from me skip the signup and just enter your password for the Decorating Resources Library.
Home décor is lovely, but memories last forever. The underlying rules I follow ultimately circle back to living and decorating your life with intention. Underneath all those layers of pillows, paint colors and projects is a home. Not just a house, but a place where you connect with the most important people on the planet.